- New Project – Lives and Legacies of 1919 in Liverpool – Call for Participants
- Call for Participation/Attendance: Teaching Justice Pre-Conference 1st September, Pre-RGS-IBG Conference 2015, Exeter
- Prelude to Bandung: The Interwar Origins of Anti-Colonialism
- Virtual issue – “People Without Property in Jobs: Stuart Hall and the Conundrums of Contemporary Urbanization in India”
- Book review on Antipode Online
Monthly Archives: May 2013
A discussion piece I wrote for Dialogues in Human Geography came out over the weekend. It’s useful to flag up here because the topic under discussion is the practice of academic blogging, and comes from a paper by some of … Continue reading
Via Clive Barnett’s Pop Theory blog – details of a new OU/BBC series on living with poverty, with what look like some great resources for learning/teaching.
Interesting post over at the cities@manchester blog by Kenn Taylor about the links between creative regeneration and the postindustrial city, which draws upon things happening in Liverpool as well as elsewhere.
More debates about postcolonial thought over on Kafila
This online atlas collection from the University of Bristol looks great (via the Society and Space blog)
Various research pathways seem to be leading me towards Pondicherry at the moment. Firstly, over the last few years I’ve been dragged more and more (not unwillingly) into thinking about the historical geographies of resistance to colonialism in India. I … Continue reading
Some great pictures of the Wirral over on the “a sense of place” blog